Get hands on and connect with your baby Blooming Babies Virtual Baby Massage classes are now online !
Learn how to harness the soothing, nurturing power of massage at our baby massage classes in Harrogate, Guiseley and North Leeds.
In addition to helping you and your baby relax, massage is a great way to relieve common ailments like wind, colic and constipation and helping you and your baby to sleep. Baby massage can also provide a real neurological boost to your baby, helping to promote brain development, whilst strengthening the parent/baby bond.
Over the four-week course, you’ll learn the best ways to massage your baby, including a range of strokes, when to massage, how long to massage for, and how to adapt your massage to meet the needs of your baby.
Virtual Baby Massage classes
Four week courses, daddy baby massage classes, individual classes & newborn classes can be booked online. Virtual classes are suitable for babies aged 4 weeks upwards, with the newborn class specifically aimed at 3 to 6 week old babies. If you would like to book a private virtual course with friends, please get in touch. Minimum group size of 6 and maximum of 12.
Face2Face Classes :Group baby classes are open to parents of babies aged 6 weeks to 7 months (crawling) – and are held at Nuffield Health in Harrogate and Guiseley. For each class, you’ll need to bring your own cushion and towel. Massage oil and a baby massage guide will be provided. There are also classes just for dads and their baby. Face2Face classes currently suspended
Tuesday 1pm -2pm
At Nuffield Health, Hornbeam Park Road, Harrogate, HG2 8RA.
At Nuffield Health, Otley Road, White Cross, Guiseley, Leeds, LS20 8LY.
In addition to group classes, you can also book home tuition, available across North Leeds and Harrogate. All baby massage classes are run by registered midwife Annie Robinson, who holds a Diploma in Teaching Infant Massage.
£45 for 4 sessions (£42 if home based - min. 6 people). Classes must be booked in advance.
The Benefits of Baby Massage
Baby massage delivers real, measurable benefits for parents and babies.
• Promoting relaxation and improving the quality of sleep
• Developing a feeling of security and being loved
• Helping to soothe colic, ease constipation and alleviate trapped wind
• Strengthening and toning important muscles for physical development
• Helping to ease the discomfort of teething
• Reducing congestion through facial massage
• Improving wellbeing and mood, whilst reducing stress and crying
• Developing the mind, body awareness and co-ordination
• Building a bond and connection
• Enjoying a positive interaction with your baby
• Promoting relaxation through skin-to-skin contact
• Improving your sleep by helping to settle your baby
• Developing an understanding of your baby’s cues
• Building your confidence when caring for your baby
• Providing practical skills you can use to soothe common ailments
• Making new connections and building friendships with other parents